Whether you're looking for a basic car insurance policy or a complete suite
of commercial insurance coverage for
your business, you need to find the right insurance that will keep
you protected. There are a number of ways to find insurance
coverage, but how can you get the insurance coverage that's best
An independent insurance broker is your best
option when it comes to finding insurance coverage. Here's why:
- Shopping around for insurance yourself can be absolutely
bewildering. An insurance broker is an expert when it comes to
insurance - and they can do the shopping for you.
- Not only is an insurance broker an expert in knowing what to
shop for and where to shop, they can negotiate on your behalf. They
know the insurance market and when you're getting value for your
- An insurance broker offers a relationship. This means that you
get personal advice and support. You have an insurance expert "in
your corner" with your best interests in mind.
- An independent insurance broker is there for you when you have
questions or concerns, and they can offer helpful advice and
recommendations while still leaving the decision ultimately with
you. The difference is that an insurance broker will supply you
with better options, and explain the pros and cons of each one in a
way you can understand.
- You don't have to worry about insurance, because everything is
taken care of for you. You can tailor your plans based on expert
advice and a clear explanation of the insurance options from your
- Unlike an agent, an insurance broker deals with many companies,
not just one, and they can thus find you the best value.
- Insurance brokers are extremely well qualified, and must meet
very high professional standards. A designated insurance broker is
required to file regular financial reports to the Registered
Insurance Brokers of Ontario, the governing body for all insurance
brokers in the province of Ontario.