Rhodes & Williams Careers
Rhodes & Williams is a dynamic and progressive company, with roots in the Ontario insurance market that extend back to 1935.
Our workplace is one that places an emphasis on building relationships – with colleagues, clients, partners and insurers. We are always interested in hearing from talented and enthusiastic individuals about possible opportunities. If you are interested in speaking with us, please contact our Human Resource Manager, Kristy McDougall.
Human Resource Manager
Are you interested in making a difference at Rhodes & Williams?
If you are interested in joining our dynamic insurance team, see our opening here
Commercial Lines Account Executive - Toronto Area
An exciting opportunity is available for someone with proven Commercial Insurance sales ability to establish, grow, and eventually manage a Toronto based brokerage. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and growing a Commercial book of business in the Toronto area. With success, further responsibility for growing the brokerage by adding other successful commercial lines producers may be available for the right candidate. Someone currently fulfilling similar duties but looking to share in the success of the operation may be the ideal candidate. We would also love to speak with someone currently running their own brokerage, whom would be interested in joining a larger team.
- Strategic plan development to seek & qualify prospects, ensuring they meet the brokerage minimum standards
- Management of prospects through the sales funnel to ultimate success
- Assess the exposure to financial loss for prospective clients and present a risk management program that meets their individual needs
- Total account selling
- Meet minimum coverage requirements
- Sell the benefits of the brokerage to prospective clients
- Develop, plan and share initiatives that will result in a source of incoming referrals
- Coordinate, plan and execute regular and renewal review meetings with clients
- Build relationships and become well informed on insurance company products, processes, coverages & billing plans.
- Build relationships with clients in order to earn the reputation of “trusted advisor” and drive in referrals from these top clients.
- Negotiate with underwriters
- Identify other needs, such as Personal Lines and/or Financial Services so the brokerage can provide complete security for your clients, through other departments.
- Build a cohesive team relationship with service unit in order to ensure the client’s needs are met and retention remains a priority.
- RIBO License
- Minimum 5 years commercial lines sales experience
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision, self-motivator, and an absolute need to succeed
- Proven time management/organizational skills
- Effective communication (verbal & written) and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task between various projects/tasks/deadlines
- Ability to exercise judgment in making decisions within and outside of guidelines.
- Exceptional ability to get along well with team members, displaying a positive attitude and work ethic.
- Management experience would be an asset
- University Degree or 3 Year College Diploma would be an asset, ideally business/commerce, but not required
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL ONLY BE CONTACTED IF WE DECIDE TO INTERVIEW.
THANK-YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.
Interested applicants, please send your resume to:
Kristy McDougall C.A.I.B.
Human Resource Manager