Rhodes & Williams Careers
Rhodes & Williams Limited is an established and very reputable privately owned Insurance Brokerage that offers all lines of personal and commercial insurance. We put a high importance on career development and have open communication with in-house coaching sessions with Managers who are trained to help you develop your skills in this position. Along with a professional and fulfilling work environment, we provide competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
Rhodes & Williams is a dynamic and progressive company, with roots in the Ontario insurance market that extend back to 1935.
Our workplace is one that places an emphasis on building relationships – with colleagues, clients, partners and insurers. We are always interested in hearing from talented and enthusiastic individuals about possible opportunities. If you are interested in speaking with us, please contact our Human Resource Manager, Kristy McDougall.
Are you interested in making a difference at Rhodes & Williams?
If you are interested in joining our dynamic insurance team, see our openings here:
Commercial Lines Technical Assistant
Rhodes & Williams Limited is looking for a talented Commercial Lines Technical Assistant in our growing Commercial Lines Department at our Ottawa office.
Rhodes & Williams Limited is an established and very reputable privately owned insurance brokerage that offers all lines of personal and commercial insurance. We put a high importance on career development and have open communication with in house coaching sessions with managers who are trained to help you develop your skills in this position. Along with a professional and fulfilling work environment, we provide competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
Function: Clerical support for Commercial Lines Account Managers/Portfolio Managers
- Verify and process policy document including billing
- Prepare certificates of insurance, liability slips
- Prepare word documents, emails, bonding documents as required.
- Create and update spreadsheets
- Update claims information
- Back-up reception duties
- Communicate by phone or email policy changes to insurance companies and lienholders
- Maintain and organize hard copy and transactional files
- Print, scan and attach paperwork
- Perform other duties or responsibilities as required
- High School Diploma
- RIBO licensed
- Strong Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook
- 1-2 years Insurance Industry experience in Commercial Lines
- Working knowledge of Agency Manager (TAM) is an asset
- Strong Computer Literacy, Time Management and Organization skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks
- Enjoy working as part of a team with a positive attitude
- Good communications and decision making skills
Person for this position:
- You possess an eagerness to learn
- You are a resourceful, self-motivated people person with solid computer skills and are not afraid to ask questions
- You would like to continually grow and learn in the exciting, forever changing, insurance industry
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL ONLY BE CONTACTED IF WE DECIDE TO INTERVIEW.
THANK-YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.
Interested applicants, please send your resume to:
Kristy McDougall C.A.I.B.
Human Resource Manager