7. How does Rhodes & Williams keep my personal information safe?
Rhodes & Williams uses reasonable technical, organizational and administrative measures to protect your personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. These include:
- Implementing encryption, antivirus and firewall technology as necessary on all of our information systems;
- Training our employees on how to securely handle your personal information;
- Requiring personnel with access to our information systems to use strong passwords to protect their accounts; and
- Implementing policies requiring our personnel to treat mobile devices with access to your personal information securely.
We restrict access to your personal information to only those Rhodes & Williams employees, contractors and agents who require that information to carry out the purposes identified above at Section 3 of this Privacy Notice, ‘Why does Rhodes & Williams collect my personal information?’ Anyone with access to your personal information is subject to strict confidentiality obligations. However, you should be aware that no safeguard is 100% secure, and despite our best efforts, we cannot guarantee that your information will be secure, particularly while it is in transit over the Internet.
We only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes described in Section 3 of this Privacy Notice, ‘Why does Rhodes & Williams collect my personal information?’
One or more of our service providers and our parent company, NFP Corp. and other affiliates, are located in the United States. This means that your personal information may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States, and may be accessible to regulatory authorities in accordance with the laws of the United States.
8. What rights do I have over my personal information?
At any time, you may withdraw your consent for us to collect, use or disclose your personal information. However, this may affect our ability to offer you some of our products and services. For example, you would be unable to acquire or renew an insurance policy with us.
At your written request, we will let you know what information Rhodes & Williams has about you, what it is being used for, and with whom it has been shared. If you notice any inaccuracies or wish to update any of your personal information, we will make those changes if you request us to do so. If we disagree with your request, we will note that.
At your written request, we will also provide you with access to your personal information that is in our control, subject to certain exceptions. These include where:
- Personal information about another person might be revealed and the other person’s personal information cannot be separated from yours;
- Commercially confidential information might be revealed and the confidential information cannot be severed from yours
- The requested information is subject to solicitor and client privilege;
- Someone’s life or security might be threatened as a result of giving you access and the personal information about the other person cannot be separated from yours;
- The information was collected for purposes related to an investigation of a breach of an agreement or contravention of the law.
The way in which we will give you access to your personal information may vary, depending on the format in which we hold it and the amount of information. We may provide your information in physical or electronic format. In the case of an exceptionally large file, we may provide you a summary of the personal information.
To make a request to withdraw your consent, or access or correct your personal information, contact Rhodes & Williams’ Privacy Officer at [email protected].
9. CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, you can contact Rhodes & Williams’ Privacy Officer:
100 King Street West, Suite 5140
PO Box 342, Toronto ON